Tuesday, May 12, 2020

It's Just Biology

for years, i've been thinking about going back to therapy. and what better time to do so than when i'm stuck in the buffy the vampire slayer episode where they're all stuck in the house?

Buffy episode


so i sucked it up and made an appointment. i deliberately chose a woman of color to talk to because, you know, then maybe i wouldn't have to brownsplain myself. so, we get online, and i tell her that i'm looking for some tools to cope with my anxiety in these trying times. really pour my heart out to her.

Heart poured out of pitcher


the first thing she said to me in response was that i looked young.



really young.



could i possibly even be out of my twenties?



i assured her i wasn't posing as someone in my late thirties, but she seemed skeptical. about 40 minutes into our session, she asked me if cabana man was the father of my children.




both of them?




















at about 45 minutes in, she told me that she's not a talk therapist, rather a psychiatrist who just does prescriptions. and then she said:


I wish you would have told me you were looking for a talk therapist. We don't do that here.



all in all, i think i may need to keep looking. luckily for me, i'm really young so i have all of the time in the world to find someone. if only i can stop myself from having babies with multiple partners long enough to do so.

1 comment:

  1. a black woman who didn't understand that black don't crack???

    ReplyDelete